Writing Reflection

Writing Reflection

1.What do I notice about myself as I read through my work?

Some things I notice when I read over my writing, is that I always use the same kind of sentence or always starting the sentence with then, or after that, and just then. I also use the word I too much. I can't seem to find another way to replace I. You see, the word I has already appeared 8 times already in this paragraph. I really need to stop doing that.

2. How have I changed as a writer so far?
So far in my writing, I have noticed that I can think up more useful words than those of 4th grade. It is getting easy for me to just think of a few words that fit my story well. It is a very useful tactic and I will continue to use it.

3. What are three things I do good as a writer?
Some things I am good at as a writer is creating good words that fit my story like a puzzle piece that belongs back in it's own box. Another thing I am good at, is recalling good stories to write about. The third thing is that I'm good at stamina in writing. I can continue to write as long as I have something to talk about.

4. What are some things I can work on to become a stronger writer?
Some things I need to be working on is trying to make my writing make sense. Sometimes, I forget that the reader did not see it happen and it was like I was writing it for myself to read. That is one thing I can work on.

5. What is my favorite piece? And what do I love about it?
My favorite piece is my published one since I really put a lot of work into it and I really thought about it. I didn't just carelessly slap on an ending, I really thought of it and took the time to write it and I would also cry out loud if it just went down the drain. I didn't do all the work just to see it sit at the bottom of somebody's wastebasket. The thing I really like about it is that I tried to make the story sound more scary than it was. That would get the reader to really take the bait. That's what I like about it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment